Monday, November 07, 2005

Hong Kong to London

So I have arrived in London, and am currently sitting in Daniels Young Ones Style house using his very un-Young Ones like wireless internet thingammy.

I left HK at 11pm, it is now 8am…I was tired, but now I am just hypo…and unfortunately there was a KFC between his house and the train station...so as soon as I find an ATM…well, I’ll let you join the dots on that one.

The rest of my HK trip was great, went to the beach, up the peak, on the ferry, more shopping, Ocean Park and the bird markets (had temporarily forgotten about bird flu, till I saw the warning sign at the EXIT of the markets!!!...now have suspicious sniffle). My entire diet for the three days was soy chicken, prawn rice steam roll thingy’s, and ice cream. Not because I am poor or unimaginative, but because I love those things so much! I would plan to order something else, and then on ordering I would just spontaneously blurt out ‘soy chicken’. (Refer to my intentions of NOT ordering milkshakes with dinners at restaurants).

One word of advice on Hong Kong….try to avoid shopping area’s such as Causeway Bay and Tsim Sha Tsui, on a Sunday. Sunday is the day that all the Phillipino and Indonesian housekeepers/servants get off, and they swarm the streets to spend their hard earned money. Even the most patient and gentle of people, such as myself, may stoop to elbowing, shoving (kicking? I don’t think I kicked anyone) the masses that block your way.

I recommend Ocean Park though. I went there instead of Disney land, as I have been to LA Disneyland and didn’t think it could be all that different. DISTURBING OCCURRENCE – on seeing the lines for rides at this place, I didn’t go on any…not one ride – and they looked really good!!! I looked at the animals, and the exhibits, and went on the chairlift thing over the mountain, but no rides. I am only 25…but my actions were those of a seriously older, most likely infirm, old lady.

In domestic news, I was very upset to hear about my breach, and more importantly, that I had caused so much distress to a certain buzzer. Post it on our cabinet, and I will take care of it when I get back Bredoir. I Promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

surprise, spurprise...

two posts on the blog and two mentions of KFC...

some things never change do they fats.

Trakka said...

yeah, I should be getting some kind of commission from the Colonel for the blatant advertising...

Anonymous said...

Get stuffed - you still owe me from the time you went through the Kingston drive-through without paying.