Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas

So, I don't even know if anyone reads this thing. I mean, it would make okay reading for those bored at work, but if anyone is investing any other of their spare time into reading it, I would feel bad, cause they aren't going to get that time back! But, even if no one is reading it, I think I will continue to blog when there is something to write about, because if nothing else, it will provide some kind of diary, and I don't want to forget the good times I have had here.

Most recent good time being Christmas. I was really dreading it. And as I received Christmas cards, packages and photo's from home, I cried and wished I hadn't picked such a gaylord time of year to come over (no family at christmas, jobs hard to come by, missing the beach, etc. etc.)

But I had a great Christmas anyway. I spent it with six people I had never met before, and one person I had known for like a month, but it was still all good. I spent the morning on the phone with my family and friends, opened presents from home, and then went for a walk on Hamstead Heath. It wasn't a traditional white christmas, it was blue skied and beautiful though. On the way back, we stopped for hot chocolates, cause there were heaps of shops open because the area around Aidans house has a big Jewish population...hooray!!And then we had a huge Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, courtesy of Aidans million Kiwi housemates.

So yeah, for all the people at home that I whinged and moaned to about being on my own at christmas, with a cheeseburger, and a card written by me, to me...it did not turn out that way, and I had a lovely time.

AND, to all those nay-sayers who told me it wouldn't snow in London...it snowed yesterday, three times!!! Spent a picturesque afternoon in a warm pub, next to the window (and heater) looking out at the snow falling. Sat there for hours eating the beef jerky Betty sent over to me (good one Betty), Christmas chocolates and chips in gravy. Also, got asked for ID at the pub when I went to order the chips...nice one.
OK, this is just rambling now, so I might cease and desist.

More stories soon, as Arun is arriving today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year too trakka.

Anonymous said...

and I have a xmas card too for you still waiting to be sent. You know it is a bit rumpled in my bag after sitting there for several weeks!! Will go to post office and send today! PROMISE!